Just Saying Hello
POSTED: March 6, 2013 | CATEGORY: General Updates
Time for another round of updates, you say? Okay, that sounds like an excellent idea.
1. MAZE RUNNER MOVIE: I think this will now be a common update, and so you all don’t go crazy, I’ll make it first. Now, I’m only allowed to put on here what has become public knowledge, at least for now. So here’s the scoop:
They are hot and heavy into the casting process. The only name that has surfaced is Will Poulter, for one of the lead parts that has not been named yet. This is not a done deal. Over on Facebook, people have been debating like wild animals over this, which is really fun to watch. Google his name and Maze Runner and you will see many articles about it. Poulter is a great actor, with recent roles in NARNIA and the critically acclaimed SON OF RAMBOW.
2. In case you missed it, 20th Century Fox officially announced the release date for the film as February 14, 2014. Valentine’s Day. Gives new meaning to the words, Counter-Programming.
3. Filming starts in May, and will be shot in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. More to come!
4. I did a podcast with fellow author Patrick Carman (and the great host, Jeremy Gonzalez) that I think you guys will have a lot of fun listening to. CLICK HERE to check it out.
5. This is very random, but someone made a Jeopardy board with all Maze Runner questions, I mean answers, that you might enjoy. Get bloodthirsty and make sure you win. Now go. CLICK HERE.
6. I’m hard at work on the sequel to THE EYE OF MINDS, which comes out October 8th this year. It’s weird working on a sequel to a book that no one has read. But I feel really good about it and know you guys will love it!
7. Speaking of which, Random House will be releasing short little videos throughout the year of me, talking about the book and teasing you mercilessly. The first one is very short, but you can check it out: CLICK HERE.
8. As part of this, I’ll also be doing a monthly chat on Twitter where you guys can ask me anything you want! It should be fun. In fact, the first one is tomorrow night (Thursday, March 7) at 9:00 EST, USA. All you have to do is follow the hashtag of #dashnerchat. You don’t even need an account to do it, just go to twitter.com and search for that hashtag.
9. What I’m reading: Here’s my Wheel of Time update: I finished Book 9! Which means I only have 5 to go. Wowzers. But I really like it. The end of Book 9 is some crazy stuff. Taking a break from that, I’m now reading THE SHINING by my idol, Stephen King. Why? Because he is coming out with a sequel this year, that’s about Danny grown up. Woohoo!!!!!!
10. I recently finished the third season of BOARDWALK EMPIRE from HBO. Man, it’s so amazing. I love gangster stuff and the last episode was just awesome. I’ll be watching THE WIRE season 4 and DEXTER season 6 soon. Because I know you guys care about my obsession with the golden age of television. It’s hard to keep up with so many excellent shows. Only 25 days until GAME OF THRONES and a few months from the final 8 episodes of BREAKING BAD. The honest truth: these shows inspire my writing GREATLY.
More to come. Have a great week, and, as always, THANK YOU for reading my books and being so loyal.