POSTED: May 13, 2013 | CATEGORY:
I hereby proclaim May 13 as Glader Day, in honor of today being the first day of filming for the movie. All of us in the Dashner Army wish Director Wes Ball and the Cast of Perfection the best of luck as they go to the Glade and get to work. They’re going to be awfully busy for a few months.
In case you missed it on Facebook or Twitter, Entertainment Weekly revealed the first glimpse of concept art for the movie, as well as an awesome interview with Wes himself. It’s a must-read, and something I’ve scoured roughly three billion times.
Here’s the link: CLICK HERE.
Also, if you want the latest on the cast and crew, check out the IMDB page: CLICK HERE. This page also has links to the latest news regarding the movie. The EW article created a lot of buzz last week.
POSTED: April 29, 2013 | CATEGORY:
General Updates, Movie News
I want to give a full account of my trip to the Maze Runner set in Louisiana, but first, some housekeeping items:
1. I’m sorry I haven’t been on this actual blog in the last month. I’m trying to figure out the right balance between Facebook, Twitter, etc. I’ve been very active on Twitter, so I highly recommend you follow me there, even if you don’t have an account. You can still go and look at my tweets on the Twitter website. To follow, CLICK HERE. If you really want a peak into the nerdy, moronic, embarrassing life of yours truly, Twitter is the way to go. I often tweet without thinking first, which is usually a bad idea.
2. Also, Random House has created a new Facebook page for all things James Dashner. I’ll also give updates there, and the RH team will, too, including contests, prizes, news, etc. To follow (be sure to “like”), CLICK HERE.
3. For longer updates, I will keep doing this blog, as well. If this is all a bit confusing, I’m sorry! I just want to do my best to keep in touch with my readers because I love you guys. Awwwwwww!
Now, to give you a glimpse into the amazing trip I had to visit the set for the Maze Runner movie. Somehow I have to do this without spilling any beans, because the set is very closed – Fox wants everything hush-hush until they’re ready to bombard you with cool marketing of the movie itself. Images, teasers, trailers, etc. It’s going to be a fun year.
So, it was a short, jam-packed trip.
POSTED: March 6, 2013 | CATEGORY:
Time for another round of updates, you say? Okay, that sounds like an excellent idea.
1. MAZE RUNNER MOVIE: I think this will now be a common update, and so you all don’t go crazy, I’ll make it first. Now, I’m only allowed to put on here what has become public knowledge, at least for now. So here’s the scoop:
They are hot and heavy into the casting process. The only name that has surfaced is Will Poulter, for one of the lead parts that has not been named yet. This is not a done deal. Over on Facebook, people have been debating like wild animals over this, which is really fun to watch. Google his name and Maze Runner and you will see many articles about it. Poulter is a great actor, with recent roles in NARNIA and the critically acclaimed SON OF RAMBOW.
2. In case you missed it, 20th Century Fox officially announced the release date for the film as February 14, 2014. Valentine’s Day. Gives new meaning to the words, Counter-Programming.
3. Filming starts in May, and will be shot in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. More to come!
4. I did a podcast with fellow author Patrick Carman (and the great host, Jeremy Gonzalez) that I think you guys will have a lot of fun listening to. CLICK HERE to check it out.
5. This is very random, but someone made a Jeopardy board with all Maze Runner questions, I mean answers, that you might enjoy. Get bloodthirsty and make sure you win. Now go. CLICK HERE.
6. I’m hard at work on the sequel to THE EYE OF MINDS, which comes out October 8th this year. It’s weird working on a sequel to a book that no one has read. But I feel really good about it and know you guys will love it!
7. Speaking of which, Random House will be releasing short little videos throughout the year of me, talking about the book and teasing you mercilessly. The first one is very short, but you can check it out: CLICK HERE.
8. As part of this, I’ll also be doing a monthly chat on Twitter where you guys can ask me anything you want! It should be fun. In fact, the first one is tomorrow night (Thursday, March 7) at 9:00 EST, USA. All you have to do is follow the hashtag of #dashnerchat. You don’t even need an account to do it, just go to twitter.com and search for that hashtag.
9. What I’m reading: Here’s my Wheel of Time update: I finished Book 9! Which means I only have 5 to go. Wowzers. But I really like it. The end of Book 9 is some crazy stuff. Taking a break from that, I’m now reading THE SHINING by my idol, Stephen King. Why? Because he is coming out with a sequel this year, that’s about Danny grown up. Woohoo!!!!!!
10. I recently finished the third season of BOARDWALK EMPIRE from HBO. Man, it’s so amazing. I love gangster stuff and the last episode was just awesome. I’ll be watching THE WIRE season 4 and DEXTER season 6 soon. Because I know you guys care about my obsession with the golden age of television. It’s hard to keep up with so many excellent shows. Only 25 days until GAME OF THRONES and a few months from the final 8 episodes of BREAKING BAD. The honest truth: these shows inspire my writing GREATLY.
More to come. Have a great week, and, as always, THANK YOU for reading my books and being so loyal.
POSTED: February 5, 2013 | CATEGORY:
Today is a very special Book Birthday on several fronts.
First of all, I’m bittersweetly happysad to say that THE 13TH REALITY is officially done in every way. Today marked the release of the paperback for the fourth and final book, THE VOID OF MIST AND THUNDER. I’m very proud of this book, and this series, and how it ends. I really hope all of you Maze Runner and Infinity Ring fans out there will give it a shot.
Simon & Schuster also released a box set of the series today, which is my first box set, and I’m totally in love! Check it out: CLICK HERE.
Also, the third book in the INFINITY RING series came out today. It’s called THE TRAP DOOR and is written by Lisa McMann (whom, you will remember, I called slightly looney in my post last week).
You guys are going to LOVE this book. Also, you are going to LOVE the online game’s completely new mission that is now released on the free app or website. All I need to say is this: Samurais vs. Ninjas. Yes, that’s right. Samurais vs. Ninjas.
I would tell you much, much more, but I can’t say it as well as the website does. For more information on all of this, CLICK HERE.
One final thing. The online forum for the series has officially been opened today, which I think is a lot of fun. CLICK HERE for that.
Now go forth and read. And play.
Page 1 of 9612345...102030...›»